What will you get in return?
Despite the growth in recent years, we are and will remain a business with a family company culture. Our informal multicultural working environment creates a pleasant and personal working atmosphere. Together with your passionate and enthusiastic colleagues you form one team that strives for the best results. Your efforts and results will be rewarded with a market-level salary and good primary and secondary employment conditions. Some examples:
- You participate in the OTTO Development Program: the training focuses on communication, leadership, and Six Sigma as well as language courses, VCU, BHV, BOI etc.;
- We give real talents the chance to participate in the High Potentials Program consisting of professional training courses, international projects and personal coaching;
- You can work out unlimitedly and for free at Fit For Free or Fitklub;
- OTTO Café takes place every 4 weeks and we can comfortably end a billing period in an inspiring location in the Netherlands while enjoying a drink;
- Every three months all staff members in the Netherlands meet at an inspiring location to share the latest news and results. At the end of each year it takes place in a form of a Christmas dinner;
- Each year we go for a Team Building Weekend in order to get to know each other better and to celebrate our international cooperation;
- We also pay attention to the fun factor at work. Enjoyment is a part of it!
Who are you and what can you contribute to the company?
You are an enthusiastic and strong personality. You really do not mess around and spontaneously go the extra mile. Additionally you have:
- Secondary professional education (MBO) level of analysis and work;
- Good command of the English and Polish language. Knowledge of another language, such as Dutch, Slovak, Bulgarian or Romanian is welcome;
- Leadership and coordinating talents;
- Readiness to work in shifts, on Saturdays, and public holidays;
- Flexibility, client-orientation and strong commercial and organizational skills;
- Possession of a valid B category driver’s license;
- Flexibility, client-orientation and strong commercial and organizational skills.
What are you going to do exactly?
- You are the first contact point for the client and flex employees on the work floor;
- You control the attendance in the mornings and guide the new flex employees;
- You manage, coach and lead flex employees;
- You register absences, process the changes in staffing and ensure proper feedback towards the On-Site or Account Manager;
- You hold consultations with the client, follow up and execute the agreements made;
- You signalize bottlenecks in the process and come up with solutions;
- You actively contribute to the operational process.
Informacje o firmie
The right combination of enthusiasm, daring and perseverance will make you succeed at this post. Job Coach is the key figure in relations between the client and flex employees. You are responsible for the daily operational process on the work floor and guiding flex employees. Next to managing of the flex personnel, you also work and are a part of the team at the client company. Work is done in three shifts.